PROJECT: Label Me Hungry.
So, I've never mentioned this either, have I? I guess I need to update this as much as I update my MySpace. Hah.
Well, over the winter break, I decided to start something. PROJECT: Label Me Hungry. The idea started a while back too, but I just never got around to doing it. Then, late Dec. 19th, early Dec. 20th, I started it. Before I really get into telling what it's about. I should tell you the story and the girl behind all this that inspired me in the first place.
One day in class, I was twirling my pen like I usually do. I dropped it and it landed next to the girl who sat in front of me. I bent down to get it and I heard a grumbling noise. The girl shifted just a little, and her hand moved to her stomache. I looked at her and I knew. I passed her a note and it all fell into place. She didn't eat lunch. She hasn't eaten since that morning, maybe even the night before. I didn't think much of it at the time, but a couple weeks ago, she texted me saying "Sorry I didn't text you earlier, but I was on the treadmill." And at that moment, I knew she was hurting her body.This girl is a little taller than me, and really, really skinny. She's unhealthy. She doesn't need to do this to herself. But there's something in her mind that tells her that she shouldn't eat, that she should work out more than neccessary. She's hurting herself for, really, no reason. I realized something. Someone I actually knew, someone I loved, had been hurting herself so badly because she wasn't comfortable with herself. My heart broke when I figured it out.
I decided to start a help/awareness site. I don't know if that makes much sense, but I'm hoping you'll get it. I made a new MySpace page, and it's got a lot of things all over it. There's statistics and information about eating disorders, links to other sites (especially to To Write Love On Her Arms and Love146), and a blog that I use to try and communicate with others through. I've added a lot of people, many of which I don't know, and that's okay. As long as it gets out there, you know? I'm hoping that others will see it and want to add it. And the site is there just to talk. I can't send someone to a rehab center or something, but I'm always there to talk to people, to let them know that someone cares and that they don't need to do this.
I think everyone is beautiful, not to be cheesy or anything. But seriously! Everyone has some aspect inside AND outside that makes them beautiful, and I try to find that in all the people I talk to. So hopefully, people who add this site on their friends list will find that in themselves so they don't hurt themselves. Eating disorders are real. And I'm here to talk to people with them.
If you have a MySpace, please add:
http://www.myspace.com/labelmehungry
Stay rad:D
-Stevie.
Labels: eating disorders, help, PROJECT: Label Me Hungry

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home