Harrison's Flow.
So I've never actually gotten to say a thing about my fish, have I? My big sister here at school gave me a fish a couple months ago. Just a cute little sign of endearment, you know? My mom didn't think he'd last, but hey! He's still here! It's pretty funny. I INSISTED on buying him a new bowl and water and food, but mom said "It's just a betta fish, Stevie." which could be translated to "There's really no need to go through this for a fish, Stevie." Either way, I bought him all that stuff, and now he's living and flourishing in his bowl. His name, Harrison.
Sometimes, I find myself gazing at him. Me, with my ADD, can watch a fish swim around. Haha! He just swims though. Up, down, to the bottom of the bowl, back up. That's mainly all he does, and yet I pay attention to him! When I feed him, sometimes he tries to eat it, but it comes out of his mouth, and that's kind of funny to watch. Every week when I change his water, he swims around a lot and I imagine him thinking "Yayy! Clean water!" because no fish likes to swim in his own filth.
But you know what I noticed? He just lives. It's not like he's trying to do tricks to impress me, not that he'd know how. He just swims, eats, sleeps and does his own thing in his little bowl. It's pretty cool, I think. I mean, life is pretty cool when you just have it like Harrison, all in the flow, or whatever, right?
But you know what I noticed? He just lives. It's not like he's trying to do tricks to impress me, not that he'd know how. He just swims, eats, sleeps and does his own thing in his little bowl. It's pretty cool, I think. I mean, life is pretty cool when you just have it like Harrison, all in the flow, or whatever, right?
Right now my life is like that. It's pretty calm, you know? And I like it. I mean, things are going on right now, and I mean MAJOR THINGS. But I'm not freaking out about it. This new year has brough me some clean water. I like the way things are going. For now, I'm going to just do what I do. Soccer, school, hang out with friends, play some music, and be bold. That's what I do. I might audition for the Spring Play? I'm going to talk to Danny (you know, Danny!) about that. Maybe she'll be a little bold too and audition with me. That'd be fun! But like I said, I'm just going to be a human version of Harrison. Just do what I do. And enjoy it.
Stay Rad:D
-Stevie.

1 Comments:
Sounds good to me! :) I think we could all take a lesson or two from Harrison
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home