Friday, January 30, 2009

Chorus Romance.

Earlier this week, I was sitting with Danny in the halls before school started. We were talking, and it just seemed like any other normal morning. Some girls I knew sitting a few lockers away were listening to someone's iPod really loud, but I didn't think anything of it. Then I recognized the song, "So I Thought" by Flyleaf. We laughed a bit because it was really loud, but continued on with our day.
The rest of the day, I had the chorus stuck in my head. She sings "Chorus romance says goodnight/ Close your eyes and I'll close mine/ Remember you, remember me/ Hurt the first, the last between." That first line repeated in my head, over and over again. "Chorus romance says goodnight." I had to sit there and actually THINK about it, I couldn't quite figure it out. (Funny, THINK is the title of the blog!)
Anyways, I did what I could to figure out what it means and got this.
Take any chorus from a song; it's short, sweet, catchy, addictive, and repeating. That's all. And so when she sings "Chorus Romance", I'm assuming it's a crush her relationship with him is just that, short, sweet, catchy, addictive, and repeating. Nothing more or less.
Recently, I had a crush on this guy. He said he liked me back, and that got me excited because I was like "Okay, awesome!" and all, but we had to wait for anything to happen just because of other stuff going on around us. But I finally talked to him about it, and he said "Just friends."
I did like him, a lot. But I wasn't overly devestated. Just taken aback, because I was so sure. The few days before I told him, I was kind of cocky about it, because I just knew I had him. And then he said "Just friends."
We both have done things together, (kissed, held hands, talked about deep things) so I thought I had him. I guess that was my fault for being so sure about it. But I related the two things. We had a "Chorus Romance." It was short, sweet, catchy, addictive, and repeating. But nothing more.
In another part of the song she sings "We say to those who are in love/ It can't be true 'cause we're too young/ I know, that's true, because/ So long I was/ So in love with you/ So I thought" I guess that's something I needed to realize.
I'm young, there's no need to try and force myself into love. I mean, it's okay to like someone. But personally, I think that it's fine to be single. I do like the guy, but it's okay to be "Just friends." It was just a chorus romance, and I think that's fine. Being friends is great. And who knows? Maybe he'll come around, or even someone else? But for now, I don't think there's a rush for that kind of thing. It comes, it goes, and it starts over.
Stay Rad:D
-Stevie.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home