Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wrapping paper.

So this Christmas was pretty fruitful. I got guitar accessories I've been needing so badly, a new Fender guitar (YES!), a really cool jacket, and lots of new clothes. I deem this holiday season, a good one.
I did so well in not letting my little sister ruin the surprise for me. Almost every day, she was like "I know what they got you..." NO! I didn't want the surprise to be ruined. So as badly as I wanted to know, I refused to listen to her spill the beans.
Two days before Christmas, however, a huge present wrapped in the prettiest redish purple wrapping paper appeared by the tree, with MY NAME on it! My name!!! I sat there for a moment admiring the presentation my parents went through. They must've used half that tube of wrapping paper, and a crap load of ribbon too. There was a gorgeous ribbon bow on it too. I kept it.
After opening the guitar stand and guitar strings, I got the hint of what was in the big box. Either way, when I opened up my Sunburst Fender Strat, I nearly cried, no joke. I was so excited, happy and surprised, all at once.
I learned something though. No matter how pretty or badly something is wrapped, or just covered up, it doesn't change what's inside the box.
This year is the first year without Louie, my cousin's ex fiancee`, and together, they've got two beautiful little girls. No, he didn't walk out on her... He died. It was a terrible Accident. He crashed his car drunk driving, and so when he was walking home, he fell off the bridge. He was so close to home, really. Far from the accident, so close to home. I can't imagine it.
Really, I did cry over it. Just because of what goes through my mind when I think of the Accident. I wasn't even close to the guy to be honest. But I do know, he was good to his daughters, and everyone in the family. Yeah, he was drunk driving that night, but so what? We all have our faults, that was one of his. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good guy.
(This is getting hard for me to type.)
So, obviously, they have to tell the girls that he's gone. They're just going to say that it was just an Accident, which really, that's the truth. But they're hiding the details, not that the girls need to know, but its just. I mean, eventually they're going to want to know, right? And they're covering the details of what happened, but that doesn't change it.
Get it? I hope you understand this. It makes sense in my head.
The wrapping paper (or excuse of what happened to Louie) covers up the gift so nicely (or the horrible details) so that it looks nice by the tree (or that it doesn't seem so bad).
You can't cover up everything forever. Eventually, the gifts get opened.

Stay Rad:D
-Stevie.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 28, 2008 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Kiersten Blaire said...

Congrats about your guitar!! That's awesome! Enjoy playing it!



I am so sorry about Louie; my heart breaks for his little girls. I can't imagine the excruciating pain that they, their mom, and their family are feeling. I pray that they can all find the Peace that they need to make it through this tough time.

 
At January 20, 2009 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Anna Elizabeth said...

That's exciting about your giutar!!!
Keep Rokin' my friend!!
I'm sorry about your loss. I'm pretty sure he was a good man.
My Christmas was pretty good. I basically got alot of clothes, two movies,and I aslo have this one gift...I really enjoy was a gift from God. It's kinda what you would say...amazing.

I.H.L. Anna Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home