Monday, November 10, 2008

Strength.

So yesterday was the first soccer game of the season. Pretty exciting. I found it funny, the Provets against the Lions. No one even knows what a Provet is. Haha, so what does that make it look like? Big, strong and scary LIONS against the what? Unknown and made-up Provets? Haha, it kind of sounds lame, weak even.
I was going through something last week. I mean, it was crappy. I was crying at school and people saw and blah-blah-blah. And I was pretty embarrassed actually. Danny (remember her?) was hugging me and I was in a not-to-be-seen-in-public state; it kind of went like this:
Me: “Gahh, I’m sorry.”
Danny: “Why are you apologizing?”
Me: “Because, I’m supposed to be stronger than this.”
Danny: “Hun, you don’t have to be anything.”
I hate people seeing me cry. It shows that I’m human. I mean, someone used to call me Superman. I used to save the world. Not literally, but you get the idea, right? I used to be on top of the freakin’ world! And to be human, to be weak, shows that I’m not anymore.
I’m not trying to say that I’m above everyone else, please understand that.
But you know what? I’m not supposed to be anything. Strength is something you get over time. And it's okay to be human. It's okay to be weak. That's why I have people like Danny in my life. It's okay to be weak at some points in life. You'll meet people that'll make you stronger, and they'll pick you up when you are weak.
It's okay, no one has to pretend to be stronger than they really are.
Oh, and if you were wondering, both JV and Varsity lost): It was tragic, but it was also the first game. And I played goalie, which I never trained to be.

Stay rad:D
-Miss Amazing

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Blogger stevie, said...

Ilsa: "What the devil is a Provet?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home