RANT: Selfishness and Wal-Mart.
So if you live on planet Earth, you know that today was one of the biggest shopping days of the year, Black Friday. I was up at 3:30AM. We took my dad to work, then me and my mom were on the road! We shopped for over 7 hours. It was pretty crazy, I'm not going to lie. People were EVERYWHERE. A lot of them rushing to get past us. Some of them were really rude. It was ridiculous. I just enjoyed watching people. BIG bags of gifts and whatnot. It was pretty cool to see half of San Antonio doing their Christmas shopping.
Personally, I'm not a big Wal-Mart shopper. They use sweatshops. And there was an employee who got in a terrible accident. She had to use insurance and she can't take care of herself anymore. She lives with her son. Well, they SUED the poor woman back for that insurance money. This store makes BANK every month with all the people who shop there, and they sue some lady for insurance money that she needed. Lame. So I'm big a ANTI-Wal-Mart person. But I do have a heart.
I'm assuming you live in the United States. If not, then you may not have heard. A Wal-Mart employee got TRAMPLED to death today. NO JOKE! As in, people stepped on him and ran into the store to do some shopping, and killed the guy!
What the hell people? REALLY? Do you need that freaking [insert gift item here] so badly that you'll trample a guy for it? I'm not saying anyone who is reading this contributed to the guys death. But you can't sit there and tell me that our society isn't selfish at all. First off, Wal-Mart is sueing some woman who can't take care of herself. Then people run over each other to get that one gift before everyone else.
That guy had a family! People would miss him! He's probably got a wife, kids, parents, and friends. Do you think any of them were planning on his funeral? No! How much was he depended on? Were the bills were in his name? Did he have any hobbies that he'd do over the weekends? I mean, this guy had a LIFE!
And people killed him. For what? Wal-Mart CRAP! I don't understand why I'm so pissed about this. But you've got to understand how ridiculous this is. How selfish are you to where you to run past others, run over others, to get what you wanted. Yeah, I understand the idea of giving is good and all, but to an extent! You don't have to be pushy like that.
I try not to be selfish, but sometimes I am. I'm working on that. I mean, not to sound lame but it's nice to give. I gave a homeless guy a taco the other day. He was so happy, (cold weather, hungry, he got a freaking HOT TACO!) and it was like Wow, that was cool. So being selfish is kind of lame now for me. Why should we be? GIVE! It doesn't kill. But when you're trying to be show-off-ish, crap like this happens to where a guy dies. It's really uncool how selfish people can be.
What the hell people? REALLY? Do you need that freaking [insert gift item here] so badly that you'll trample a guy for it? I'm not saying anyone who is reading this contributed to the guys death. But you can't sit there and tell me that our society isn't selfish at all. First off, Wal-Mart is sueing some woman who can't take care of herself. Then people run over each other to get that one gift before everyone else.
That guy had a family! People would miss him! He's probably got a wife, kids, parents, and friends. Do you think any of them were planning on his funeral? No! How much was he depended on? Were the bills were in his name? Did he have any hobbies that he'd do over the weekends? I mean, this guy had a LIFE!
And people killed him. For what? Wal-Mart CRAP! I don't understand why I'm so pissed about this. But you've got to understand how ridiculous this is. How selfish are you to where you to run past others, run over others, to get what you wanted. Yeah, I understand the idea of giving is good and all, but to an extent! You don't have to be pushy like that.
I try not to be selfish, but sometimes I am. I'm working on that. I mean, not to sound lame but it's nice to give. I gave a homeless guy a taco the other day. He was so happy, (cold weather, hungry, he got a freaking HOT TACO!) and it was like Wow, that was cool. So being selfish is kind of lame now for me. Why should we be? GIVE! It doesn't kill. But when you're trying to be show-off-ish, crap like this happens to where a guy dies. It's really uncool how selfish people can be.
Stay rad:D
-Miss Amazing.
Labels: Rant, Selfishness, Wal-Mart

2 Comments:
I agree. It makes me sick sometimes when I see just how selfish people really can be...what makes me even more sad is when I catch myself being selfish. I'll catch myself, and I'll be like, "Whoa! Calm down, hon, your life isn't about YOU." I have to remind myself that each person i see represents an individual; someone who has places they need to go , money they have to earn to survive, and a life they are living. It blows my mind sometimes when I stop and think tht each person I see, including the ones society has written off, represents an indiviual personality that has feelings, a heart, and who can feel pain just as strongly as I can. I think if people really stopped to think about it, we'd have a lot less selfishness in society, and we wouldn't hear about people who are willing to trample a poor Walmart man because thay couldn't wait 15 secs longer to get what they wanted.
By the way,if you ever want to email (you mentioned something about it in one of your comments), I'd love to. My email address is Beloved_714@yahoo.com. I don't have a myspace, but you can always get intouch with me through emailing. Would love to hear from you! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home