Wednesday, November 5, 2008

RANT: Anti-Gay Rants.

Homo. Lesbo. Faggot. Ouch, I personally find those words offensive.
You know, I personally support homosexuality. It's a choice, and okay, whatever, the Bible says its wrong. Big deal. I don't read the Bible and, really, I don't have much of a faith or belief in God anymore. And as for gay marrige, I don't care if its morally wrong or unacceptable.
Love is love, no matter what bathroom you go into. Okay? I support love. I think it should be counted in the pursuit of happiness, right? I mean, why stop someone from falling in love withs someone that has the same ending chromosome?! SERIOUSLY! It shouldn't matter to you what they do behind closed doors. You won't be seeing it anytime soon unless you're stalking them, which is a totally different subject. So let love flourish!
I personally don't throw my beliefs in anyones face, I just share them if they come up. But some people...GAWD! They go into long tirades about "Gay marrige is wrong!" I don't think it is. And if you know my stand on this, I don't think its right for you to be all like "YOU'RE WRONG, LIKE GAY MARRIGE!" We all have our own ideas and beliefs, right? So what? Big deal, we don't agree on something. I just hate when people do that, you know? I have mine, you've got yours.
The Beatles were right: "Love is old, love is new. Love is all, love is you."

Stay Rad:D
-Miss Amazing.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At November 13, 2008 at 2:57 AM , Blogger Krys_Tobias said...

All I can say to that is: Amen. I get so tired of hearing anti-gay rants at school, especially when most of the people there know I don't care what a person does. Half of my friends happen to be gay/bi/trans anyways, so why should I listen to their closed-minded rants? It's ridiculous.

P.S. Added points on the Beatle reference. ;P

 
At November 16, 2008 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Gini said...

hey, you commented on my blog, so hey, i'll comment your too!

yea, i totally know what you mean. anti-gay rants are at the top of my list of annoying things that make me want to strangle babies. (but not really, because i would never strangle a baby)

in reference to comment made on my blog:
i hope you get better, and i totally love the fact that you took the time to comment. thanks lots, and love ya lots!
-gini

 
At November 25, 2008 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Kiersten Blaire said...

I think it's great that in American we can all have different beliefs, yet still can come together. Yeah, I believe very differently than you on this subject, but I'm not going to "throw it in your face". Since you presented your opinion, do you mind if I present mine? ...
I believe gay marriage is wrong, but I'm not going to go shouting at someone that they're going to Hell if they're gay...that same person's sin of being gay won't send them to Hell any faster than if they were a liar. Do you get were I'm going?...in other words, gay marriage is wrong (according to the absolute truth set forth in the Bible- which by the way, is true and exists regardless of if you have faith in God or not), but as Christians, we are to "hate the sin but love the sinner". Think, if you loved someone you want what's best for them, right? Of course. So, if you see someone doing something that's hurting them aren't you going to want them to stop? Of course!! I would NEVER go shouting at someone that they are living in sin b/c they are gay...that's sooo not the way to approach it. Sadly I know that there are people who try that approach and succeed in nothing but hurting the other person.
Jesus is not about condemnation (but don't be confused, He is NOT into condoning sin either). In John 8 the Pharisees (religious "leaders" of the day) brought to Jesus a woman who was "caught in the act of adultery". (btw, you can find this in John 8:4-11) When they wanted to stone her, Jesus said "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." After they all realized that they had sin in their own lives and therefore could not cast a stone, they all started to walk off. After everyone had all walked off and it was only Jesus and the woman, Jesus turned to the woman and asked
"Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
11"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

From this one example of Scripture we see that Jesus wasn't condemning the woman, but He didn't condone her sin either.
He wanted what was best for her, and her being sexually promiscuous was not what best for her...as we know that can lead to not only physical illness, but mental and emotional pain and distress. Jesus wasn't trying to ruin her fun, He was trying to keep her from the potential painful, and dangerous, consequences listen above. When Jesus commanded us in the Bible not to live homosexual lifestyles, He wasn't trying to limit our fun or means of expressing ourselves, He was trying to protect us...because He LOVES us

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home